The SVP is an international Christian voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing direct practical assistance to anyone in need.
- To seek and find those in need
- To help them in a spirit of justice to tackle the causes of poverty
- Through befriending, visiting, offering support
- Through community projects supporting those in need
- Through supporting twinned conferences in India
- Through working locally with other caring agencies
- New members always welcome and very much needed
- Membership open to all, young and old, male and female, all denominations
- Induction and training given
- CRB and application process in place
- Full membership, auxiliary membership and Friends of SVP available
The SVP asks that members fully accept the Christian ethos and commit to love God through serving their neighbour.
St. Aelred’s Conference York meets fortnightly at 7.30 – 830pm Thursday evenings in St. Aelred’s Community Centre.
Contact Patricia Nobbs via email